Tragedy struck the Marie household yesterday with the total and spontaneous collapse of a gingerbread house.
“I was in the kitchen doing something at the sink when behind me I heard this terrible crunching sound and a thud,” said Marie. “When I turned around, I saw the gingerbread house that my son and his girlfriend made spread flat out on the kitchen table. I swear, I didn’t touch it!”
Emergency responders on the scene reported that no people or animals were injured in the collapse. Damages estimated at $10.
Marie said that when she told her son about the incident, he instructed her to throw away the sides of the house, which had already been picked clean of frosting and candy, and to save the roof, which still contained candy.
“I sure hope this isn’t a harbinger of doom for 2017,” she quipped.